Sunday, July 27, 2014

Module 8: Reflection

When I reflect on my digital footprint, I haven't made much of an impact, but what was found was quite surprising. I used a Google search of my name and city. I expected to see my name for the direct sales company I sell for or something like that, but instead I found information about me being a paraprofessional at the elementary that I'm at, the fundraiser I've done for the last two years for a women's shelter, and a local Eagle Scout's project I helped to head up. It was interesting to me that these were the items that I found about myself online. 

When looking at teaching our students about their role in leaving a digital footprint, we need to help them see themselves in a positive way, allowing them to shine through to the best that they can be. Some of the things I found on myself happened many years ago and I had actually forgotten about them. We need to teach students to be digitally conscience and aware of what exactly they are doing. What they do now and affect them, good or bad, in their future in finding jobs, networking, getting into schools, etc. Our goal as educators is allowing them to be the best that they can be, so allowing them to have a positive digital footprint is crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment